Wednesday, November 17, 2010

our sweet little girl's birth story...

Our sweet little Kynley Grace finally made it here on Monday!  My water broke Sunday morning at 8:30. I started contractions soon after and labored at home with my doula since I wanted to go natural. We went into the hospital about 4 when my contractions started becoming more regular and intense.  From there I was having very intense regular contractions but was only dilated to a 4. I was dilated at a 4 for about 4 hours with intense contractions.  They then realized she was posterior or face up and needed her to turn. From there on out I it took another 4 hours to dilate to an 8,  At that point I had been in labor for about 18 hours and it was taking about an hour to just dilate one more centimeter. I decided then to have an epidural partly because of the pain and that I was dilating so slow and it had been so long.  We waited until I was dilated to a 10 and then tried pushing for 3 hours.  The doctors came in and decided that I was going to have to have a c-section because my pelvis is shaped wrong and I most likely will never be able to deliver vaginally because of it. So as much as I wanted to go natural- and did for 18 hours we ended up with a c-section but it got our baby girl here healthy and mostly happy! She did have several bruises and was very sore but is feeling much better now!





8 comments:

  1. i found your blog!

    Congratulations on your little girl. She looks so sweet in these pictures. I hope your recovery goes smoothly and I can't wait to meet Kynley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! She is so precious! Can't wait to see her in person...maybe in April if my little one cooperates and comes early. ;) Babies always have a mind of their own. I'm so excited for you. Welcome to parenthood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Katie! Go you! What hard work. She is absolutely adorable, I am sooooo excited for you guys! What a great name and what a cutie! She's lookin like a little Katie for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! You are such a trooper!! I am so excited for you guys... such an exciting time!! Love ya -xox-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, she is so sweet! Congrads. Take time to hold her all you want, you'll never regret holding her that little! How did you decide on the name Kynley- it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You worked so hard to get her here! I am so glad you are both doing so well now. She is so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. she looks just like you katie! I was so glad to see you guys this week! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete