Saturday, October 22, 2011

Born to Run

I just finished this book..
And now I'm feeling much more inspired to run! We over complicate many things these days and this book just reminded me to run because it's a simple thing.  That I don't have to get enough sleep, or have the perfect running shoe, or eat right, or go when it's cool enough, that I can just run!  My body was made to run!
It's easy to put working out lower on the list, even when I love to, when you're working, and a mom, and doing oh the many other things we do.  This book to me was about leaving all the excuses behind and just doing it.  It follows several different people from different cultures and how they all defy perhaps what we think running should be.  I loved that it gave a sense of freedom to how, what, why, where we run instead of putting boundaries on what running or a runner should be.  So if you're wanting to be a little more inspired you just might want to read it...

I also read this and found it very interesting and insightful into another culture!

1 comment: