Monday, February 7, 2011
Back to Junior High Please!
7th graders sure make for an interesting day. They often make me laugh to myself, as I sometimes cannot laugh out loud to encourage such behavior or ridiculous comments. For example when I had Kynley and they named her Helga and then told all the students that was her name, I did laugh out loud with that one. I also find myself saying the same thing over and over again which makes me feel the opposite of laughing. Like today we are in the computer lab doing a project and I have had to explain the same thing ten times that is written on the paper. Mind you this is after the initial explanation, demonstration on the powerpoint and minutely reminders. Oh but I forgot 7th graders don't read instructions, or listen. I always love it when they're yelling down the hall, "S0 and So I love you" or whatever other randomness they find they need to yell. I often find myself thinking, I surely didn't do that, act like that, dress like that in junior high and then I remember my 7th grade picture. But no worries I can feel really good about myself today too because as I was walking down the hall one of my students yelled in the two seconds it took me to pass her, "HiMrsNelsonyoulookcutetoday" Fabulous my day is complete, the 7th graders think I look "cute"
Sincerely,
Mrs. Nelson, Mrs. Nielson, Miss Montgomery and Teacher (I guess they still can't figure out which one I am so I get all four... so in 7th grade language..Whatever... I've given up trying)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You have too much fun at work.
ReplyDeleteAh heavens! How frustrating! Perhaps a rule that says: "If you ask me a question and the answer is on your paper, you lose a hundred billion points."
ReplyDeleteUm, yeah...I recall some pretty hilarious things we did when WE were in 7th grade. :) Their minds must just be wired differently at that age!
ReplyDelete